Get the HPL Mobile App
Access the HPL catalog, check your account, place holds and renew items, get information about HPL locations and events, search for books, eBooks and other items, and much more, all from your smartphone or tablet!
- Workforce Solutions @ HPL -- Looking for a job? Need help writing a resume? Seeking advice on your career? Houston Public Library and Workforce Solutions are h ere to help!
- Electronic Book Collections -- Explore the world of e-books including a growing collection of downloadable audiobooks.
- Ask a Librarian -- Library reference staff will answer your reference question, guide you to information resources, or locate a book.
- HPL Mobile Express -- Houston Public Library introduces the mobile computer-training lab, HPL Mobile Express.
- Houston Public Library Express - A New and Innovative Library.
- WeCan -- WeCAN (Wireless Empowered Community Access Network) is the City of Houston’s Digital Inclusion Initiative, established by Mayor Bill White to bridge the digital divide. WeCAN is managed by the Houston Public Library. Link to more information about WeCan and its partnership with Microsoft.
- Electronic Journal Collections -- Titles of magazines available through the library's licensed databases.
- Interlibrary Loan -- Get books from other libraries.
- Patron Placed Holds -- allows customers to submit a request for a selected title and have it sent to the Houston Public Library location of their choice for pickup. Just browse the catalog, choose an item and place it on hold.